Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ups and Downs

                So today has been a day of ups and downs. Up: I got up to go to Crossfit. Down: I realized my kitchen was infested with ants and gnats, so I didn’t get to go to Crossfit. Up: I had more time to get ready for work. Down: Work sucked. Up: When I got home, I was able to drown most of the ants with Clorox kitchen cleaner. Down: My kitchen now smells like Clorox kitchen cleaner. Up: The experience inspired me to write a short story. Yaaaayyy!!
                I tried to console myself about not going to Crossfit… My right shoulder has been really sore, and so I probably needed to give myself a day off anyways. Plus, I don’t work Saturday, so I can go then and still make it five days this week. My non-Paleo food supply is dwindling; I think I can go strict Paleo starting Monday. Fingers crossed!!
                I am so so so so so so SO happy that I have finally written something. It’s extremely short, only 906 words, but it’s a complete story that I think has some potential with some major revisions. I’m just thankful I’m writing. Tomorrow I plan on submitting a lot of my finished pieces to as many different journals as I can. I need to get published if I ever want to be taken seriously when it comes to Ph.D. programs and job offers. I’m still nowhere near being on track to finish my 24 books, but I AM taking time to read each day. I wish I could get into a really, really good book that just sucked me in and took all my time, like Harry Potter did when I was little (it never took me more than 24 hours to read any one of the seven books) and the Hunger Games series did a couple years ago. Maybe the Shade of Gray Trilogy will be my new addiction. Who knows? I need to go buy the books and find out. =/
                Gotta be up early tomorrow to meet the exterminator, so I’m headed to bed. Let’s hope I don’t dream of creepy crawly things. Goodnight, ya’ll!
WTYL,
Rhyen

1 comment:

  1. If you read Shades of Grey, you should pass it along :) I've heard as a whole, the writing isn't very good, but overall the story and whatnot is good.

    ReplyDelete