Friday, June 15, 2012

Busted


                Well, I had my first blow out today. We did a half “Eva” at Crossfit today, which means 75 pull-ups (and 75 kettlebell swings and a total of 2000 meters of running). As I collapsed on the mats after yelling time, I noticed I had ripped my first callus. Of course, in Crossfit, this is a rite of passage, so of course I was a little proud. Washing the chalk off my hands burned like HELL though, and so Coach and the other two trainers heard some choice words coming from the bathroom. I finished in 25:40 though, and the average time was around 28:00, so I’m super excited about that. A girl I normally work out with actually worked out an hour before me today and apparently went BEAST MODE and finished in under 22:00. She’s a badass. If I could get the running part down, the swings and pull-ups really aren’t all that bad.
                I’m headed to a coffee shop downtown now to sit outside and sip some coffee and work on submitting some of my stories. Here’s to another round of rejection emails!! Hope ya’ll have a great weekend.
WTYL,
Rhyen


1 comment: