Monday, June 18, 2012

A Productive Weekend

               So despite going out Friday night (without drinking beer, might I add! Sad face), I actually got up and went to Crossfit at nine on Saturday. Pretty proud of myself, I must say. That makes three weeks in a row I’ve went five days. I already went today, and it was pretty rough. We did the entire WOD outside and I went at noon… so it was hotter than a _______.  
                After I posted on Friday, I was also pretty productive. I tweaked a few short stories and submitted them for publication. I need to submit them to several more journals, but finding ones that fit your work and what not is kind of a daunting task.
              The most important thing I wanted to write about today is that I finished a book on my list! Miss Peregrine’s School for Peculiar Children turned out to be really, really good! I finished it at one thirty this morning. The author, Ransom Riggs, collects unique photographs, and he included some of his own as well as other collectors’ photos in this story. After I finished the book, I wondered… did he write the story around these peculiar photographs, or did he search for photographs to fit his story? Either way I think he has to have a brilliant imagination. I really want to know though, so I did something I’ve never done before… I emailed the author. I have no idea if he’ll reply, but it would be really neat if he did (plus it would guarantee I’d buy his next book). If you get the chance, I really recommend this book. It’s a pretty quick read, and definitely worth the time.
WTYL,
Rhyen

2 comments:

  1. You should let me borrow that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such an awesome read! And yes,
    I wonder...

    ReplyDelete