Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cravings

Holy shit, it just hit me that June is almost over. My summer is flying by!! =( Ok, so I failed and didn't post yesterday, BUT it was a successful first day of Paleo. I even went out to eat and stuck to it! (ok, not COMPLETELY... I did dip my veggies in ranch. I'm ashamed.) Day two of any diet is always the hardest, I think, because that's when your body starts craving all the bad shit you've been putting into it. After Crossfit today I was really craving carbs... like, seriously, there's a box of whole-grain waffles in my freezer screaming at me. But I overcame the craving and made some bacon and now I'm waiting for my sweet potato fries to get done baking. (Cinnamon and Cajun seasoning = mmmmmazing.)
I know that some people disagree on what is Paleo, exactly, and what's not, and one of the main things people argue over is honey. Well, screw everyone, I drink raw honey in my tea (also arguably not Paleo) each morning. I use about two teaspoons to a tablespoon. Besides that, the only other sugar I consume is mainly from the fruit I eat, which is not a lot right now. So suck it, honey-haters. Oh! That reminds me, I want to warn you... when looking for Paleo blogs, make sure you apply the same rules to discerning which ones are legit as you would to anything else on the internet. I've come across a few with some real idiots commenting on them. (The best bet is to go out and buy a couple books, then decide for yourself which internet sources are reliable).
Another big adjustment with this kinda diet (ok, LIFESTYLE) is that you have to get the idea of "traditional" meals out of your head. You don't have to eat at a certain time... you eat when you're hungry. You don't have to have a three course meal, either, or even a meal that includes all the food groups. Listen to your body... it's a pretty good indicator of what you need. (ok, don't listen to it at first because it's going to be screaming SODA!! COOKIES!!! CAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKEEE!!! but after awhile it'll start telling you when you want fruit, or veggies, or protein.)
Alright, my fries are done. Peace, everyone!
WTYL,
Rhyen

No comments:

Post a Comment